Monday, September 28, 2015

DIY fashion with Simplicity 1693

Pin It This spring I was looking through a fashion magazine and saw a tank top I really liked.  It appeared to be neopreen or some sort of scuba knit with cut-outs and the model wore it over a layered skirts.  I have loved the look of neopreen and decided to try it out when JoAnns' had some on clearance.

I used view F of Simplicity 1683 because it is so basic.    I wanted something with very few seamlines.

source


I have not yet tried it with a full skirt like the magazine picture that inspired me but it has been a staple all summer long.  I think I will try it layered with some winter clothes too and see how it looks.

Anyway, the pattern was super easy and if you want to highlight a fun fabric, I think it is a good choice.  It does have a considerable amount of volume, so be aware before sewing.

Do you look at magazines and try to duplicate a look?

If you are interested in hearing more from us, there are a couple ways for you to keep in touch!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips