Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Smelling the roses

Near my work there is a rose garden.  Not only are they beautiful to look at, the smells are delicious as you walk through. And just trust me, this place does not often smell good.


Often on my way into work I take a detour and walk through. Sometimes I even have time to take a seat and enjoy my coffee. 


I have been told, though I cannot vouch for the historic accuracy, that this space was built by the Russians. As the story goes during the Russian occupation in the 1980s, a Russian General needed a space to think. So his soldiers made this garden.


And now decades later, it is a pleasant area for me to sit and think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips